Eisner Amper's logo
Eisner Amper's logo
Knowledge Centre

Regulations for Fund Management Companies

Does a fund management company need to add the activity of "dealing in capital markets products" to its CMS licence, if it uses forward contracts for FX hedging?

  • According to MAS (FAQs)

    last revised on 12 October 2021

    An FMC that deals in any capital markets products in a manner which is incidental to its conduct of fund management business is exempted from the need to add the activity of dealing in capital markets products to its CMS licence.